Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hooked on Phonics... It Worked for Me! Kind of.

So, Isaac still isn't really talking much. He loves reading books and engaging with that, but the vocabulary just isn't coming through. I'm not worried about it, but I'm just looking for more ways to stimulate his vocabulary.

Growing up, I was always pretty vocal, but struggled with my spelling and reading. My parents got me Hooked on Phonics, which actually helped. So, I wondered if they had anything for younger kids that would target his vocabulary and reading (since he loves it so much). I popped on their website and found a little program for toddlers 18-36 months. Normally these programs are $65, which is a little pricey for us. However, it was on sale for only $20! Plus, I hit up RetailMeNot.com and got a coupon code for 50% off! So, in 7-10 business days, we will be starting a new vocabulary program with Isaac. I'm hoping that it'll help him learn his reading basics better than me simply reading to him. Every little bit helps right? I figure it's worth a try.

No comments: