Friday, December 31, 2010

The Stomach Flu Strikes the Sinaks

We've been pretty lucky to avoid a lot of the sickness that's been going around. I guess we just have really good immune systems. Who knows. However, we were not so lucky this past week.

Luke came down with the stomach flu over Christmas. Unfortunately, we through it was first, a migraine. Then, when that assumption proved false, we thought it was food poisoning. Well... once he felt better, Isaac started throwing up. That made me rethink my diagnosis of Luke since food poisoning isn't contagious.

Luke was down with it for about 4-5 days. Isaac got it Tuesday and threw up until Wednesday... afternoon. He's better now, except for his massive blow out diarrhea. Sorry if you didn't want to know that but then again, you're reading a blog about a toddler so you're bound to run into a few less-than-appetizing stories. Now his worst thing to deal with is the diaper rash that has formed from his diarrhea. Now that he can eat, we're stuffing him full of bananas and applesauce to help solidify some things. Hopefully he'll be back to his normal self and, eh hem... "schedule" within a couple of days.

I was hoping to avoid the flu that had taken down my husband and son. I mean, come on, I'm super-mom right? No measly stomach flu can take me down!!! ...until yesterday morning. Woke up at 3am. Sick. It was fantastic.

The nice thing about all this was that each of our bouts with it was shorter and easier. Luke's was the worst, poor guy. Isaac's was a day or two less and today I'm already doing much better. I'm still in bed with an upset stomach, a little dizziness and very low energy, but I was able to quickly move past the early stages, if you know what I mean.

Now we're just waiting out this massive storm that's hitting the midwest right now. Tornadoes and everything! This is what we get for living in the Lou. We have a tornado warning for another 20 minutes, but the sirens have already turned off. Of course it all goes down about 2 minutes after Isaac falls asleep for his nap.

I'll put up Christmas stuff soon, once I get it all organized and get the time to get it done.

No comments: