Ava got a couple new words a few weeks ago - she's been saying "ba" and "ma" pretty regularly. Yesterday, she learned "ga." I know, it's an exciting life we live here at the Sinak home. Ava has us on the edge of our seats waiting for what her next word will be.
However, it's more than just her spitting out a new word every now and then. She goes back and forth in a sort of conversation. She'll say a word, wait me me to say it back and she'll repeat. This will go on for a while. I'll stop and she'll just look at me, make a grunt or squeal sound and wait for me to say a word. So adorable.
Plus! Yesterday morning, she woke up and when I went in to get her, the first thing she said was "ba-ba." The first thing she gets in the morning (after a diaper change) is a bottle. I took her out to get her bottle and when she saw it, she said it again, "ba-ba." Who knows, maybe it was a fluke... I'm going with she's learning to associate objects with their names. Let me have my moment!
***
UPDATE
***
As of this afternoon, the same day I wrote the original blog post, Ava says "ca" too. However, I'm not too surprised since "ga" and "ca" are in the same sound family but one uses your voice and one doesn't. Crazy, right? Knowledge is power people... knowledge. is. power.
No comments:
Post a Comment