Thursday, July 9, 2009

We're X-Raying for What?!

So at Isaac's 6 month check up the doctor noticed (after I pointed it out) that Isaac had a pretty noticeable curve to his body. So not being sure of what the exact cause was, she sent me to get Isaac x-rayed to see his spine and organs.

I took him in 2 days ago to get the x-rays done and the nurses were like... um, what are you doing this for? My doctor had put on the referral that we were checking for scoliosis. Well, that doesn't show up until you're like... in high school. So all these nurses were looking at me like I'm one of those over paranoid - over protective mothers... and I'm not. So they called the pediatrician to get it figured out. So then they came back and took the x-rays.

The doctor called just a few minutes ago and said that there was no sign of a spinal curvature and not enlargement of Isaac's intestines or organs. So, all in all, he's fine. We still don't know why he curves a little but oh well, he's happy and healthy so I'm not going to worry about it.

No comments: